Fwd: fuse_kio: patch, to make compile/run under current KDE/fuse

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 21:59:59 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 22:50, Stefan Bund wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:
> > Ok, patch committed.
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> > Stefan, does it work for you ?
>
> It does. I was long looking for a tool like that and even started on
> an implementation (using the python lufs and kde bindings) but never
> got anywhere for lack of time.
>
> Even gateway mode works very well.

Actually I'm not sure whether the other mode should be supported at all.

> I was thinking about two areas for improvement: better/tunable caching
> to increase the performance over slow links and real KDE integration
> for example by extending the .desktop files (using e.g. %s or whatever
> instead of %u or %f as placeholder) and by adding it to the taskbar
> and so on.
>
> However, I don't have so much time ... there are several KDE things I
> implemented for myself and never got around to clean things up and
> commit it to the comunity ... shame on me :-)
>
> However, whenever there is an itch to scratch concerning fuse_kio I
> will certainly make it available :-)

This means you are really using it ?
Sounds good :-)
Basically I only implemented it until it worked for my testcases, but I didn't
really use it. So it's possible that you might find some places where it
still needs some work to work really flawlessly.

> PPS: If someone is interested: The tools I was refering to are
> - An extension to the fish: protocol implementing 'bang path'
>   (e.g. reach a host behind another host using 'ssh -t foo at bar ssh -t
>   goo at car ...')

Sounds cool, I already missed exactly this already several times. Can you tell
a bit more about it ? How about a patch ?

Bye
Alex