Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

Matthias Ettrich ettrich at trolltech.com
Mon Nov 14 22:56:31 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 20:11, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Is that true? So all of KDE will be punished with needless code duplication
> like gstring vs QString, gobject vs QObject, g_strcmp vs qstrcmp, ...

There's different ways of doing this. I wasn't necessarily talking about a
hard dependency for all of Qt, but more of a runtime option for the apps that
require it.

I too would prefer if we could separate the event loop part of Glib from the
rest, but there are more interesting battles to fight. The benefits of a
common event loop are definitely worth some compromising.

How much does Glib's event loop depend on the rest of Glib? Maybe  a
separation is possible, but someone has to do it then. And fd.o is the place.

 Matthias