Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Nov 14 03:36:08 GMT 2005

On Sunday 13 November 2005 12:48 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > That's because we have all this inconvenient freedom and choice
> > getting in the way.
>
> there needs to be a ballance struck, however.

There is no reason to compromise on freedom.

The only reason I use Unix and KDE is because of the freedom. If it
weren't for that I would have switched to Mac OSX long ago. This
freedom should not go away just because you are not a
wet-behind-the-ears newbie fresh from Windows. The same freedom must be
given to developers.

I don't want a desktop where everyone dresses the same, eats the same
food, and sends their kids to the same schools. I've seen that desktop,
and it's called Windows. In case you haven't heard, it's sucks. Nearly
every Windows component is good, the problem is higher up. The problem
is that it's been integraged into a "one size fits all" solution that
manages to please no one.

Freedom takes more effort than tyranny, but that's no excuse to give up
on freedom.

--
David Johnson