Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 30 23:05:47 BST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 07:32, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Everyone is free to stay and develop for KDE 3.5 as long as he feels like
> it, but everyone should be aware that the development for it needs to be
> ported to KDE4 without too much major pain or you're just asking for
> frustration.

for apps like kicker that will see fairly large changes in KDE4 this will only
make sense up to a point. eventually the code bases will be divergent enough
that changes in branches/3.5 just won't make sense in trunk/

i noticed people have touched kde4/kdebase/kicker which i really wish they
hadn't. if you had to run a KDE3 linked kicker for another month or two i
doubt it would've been a cause of great consternation, but making changes in
kicker right now really doesn't mesh with the schedule i've set out, much as
with the kdepim people .. the only difference is that in my case i had the
end of June as my 3.5 feature freeze (everything thereafter will be bug fixes
or tweaks to things like default settings only) ... i plan to stick to that
schedule, and i truly hope that changes made to kicker in the kde4 branch
won't make that harder than necessary ... i'll live either way, it's just a
matter of how efficiently i'll live ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo