Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at
Tue May 31 06:10:05 BST 2005

Le Lundi 30 Mai 2005 23:46, Brad Hards a écrit :
> On Mon, 30 May 2005 23:32 pm, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > As originally announced I would like to have trunk based on Qt4 really
> > soon now. For this I would like to branch off trunk this friday (and use
> > the time till then to do an initial port of some more modules).
> Based on feedback to date, I don't think that there is concensus on this.
> My opinion: If we actually want a workable 3.5, then I don't think that the
> switch should come until 3.5 is in feature freeze. Now that might mean
> bringing 3.5 forward, or delaying 4.0, or cancelling 3.5.
> Brad

I'm not ready either.
backporting everything is a pain, specially when the two branch are very 
And Kopete in KDE 3.5 has a lot of unfinished feature that need to be 

I suggest to wait few weeks.

And what's the KDE 3.5 release plan ?
Shouldn't we consider first decide when will 3.5 the freeze ?

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list