Ugh... Qt4 porting

Mosfet dan.duley at verizon.net
Mon May 16 22:34:12 BST 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 02:20 pm, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 12:58, Mosfet wrote:
> > > And Lars pointed out, if you convert back and forth anyway then
> > > 8bit precision is not enough in the first place.
> >
> > Which is why it doesn't work and should be unsupported and not
> > converted...
>
> Of course it does. What do you think happens when your image gets to the
> X server? Magic? Server magically converts the depth of the display to
> match your image? And guess what XRender uses...

Exactly, but your wrong again. This would be similiar to converting an image
to an XImage/Pixmap and then back again, something that is discouraged when
editing images because guess what: You loose color depth if the display
depth != 32bpp.

In case working at TrollTech diminishes your ability to read, this is why I
was advocating using it as a "accelerated format for viewing images" and not
as a format for editing.

What the hell happened to you people. This stuff is obvious, apparent at first
glance, and I discussed several times.

...snip...

> heh, this not a drama class. In case you haven't figured it out by now,
> I don't do drama.

Yes, it is a lot of drama. Certainly much more than it is worth for me. Your
on your own.