Ugh... Qt4 porting

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Tue May 17 09:03:16 BST 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 17:34, Mosfet wrote:
> Exactly, but your wrong again. This would be similiar to converting
> an image to an XImage/Pixmap and then back again, something that is
> discouraged when editing images because guess what: You loose color
> depth if the display depth != 32bpp.
>
> In case working at TrollTech diminishes your ability to read, this is
> why I was advocating using it as a "accelerated format for viewing
> images" and not as a format for editing.

Which is exactly why I'm saying it's the best default format and it will
not change. Asking for image painting in all Qt/KDE applications to be a
factor of ~4 slower just because somewhere out there there might be a
developer who doesn't want to add an enum to a QImage constructor is
just so bizzare I don't even know what to say to that.
I also gave you the code you can use to do exactly what you want. Short
of going to your place and porting your code for you there's little
more I can do for you.

> > heh, this not a drama class. In case you haven't figured it out by
> > now, I don't do drama.
>
> Yes, it is a lot of drama. Certainly much more than it is worth for
> me. Your on your own.

heh, I'll make sure to shed a tear.

Zack

--
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.