SVN: change defaults for line endings

Martin Ellis kde at martinellis.co.uk
Wed May 4 15:41:14 BST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 15:08, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> > so there is no need to use LF on win32.
>
> There's a need, because we want to have files with LF on win32 for proper
> development. Otherwise CRLF ie native settings are used.
>
> The proposed fix is not to help converting local CRLF files to LF on
> checking in. It's performed automatically. The fix is for getting _proper_
> (LF) format on _checking out_ for non-LF system (win32).

This could be done by configuring the svn client on win32 systems?
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07.html#svn-ch-7-sect-1

The 'config' file referenced in this section has an [auto-props] section that
looks as though this can be done on a per-file-type basis.

Looks like it could also be done in the registry  ---   if you're that way
inclined...

Martin