SVN: change defaults for line endings

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed May 4 21:39:28 BST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 19:36, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > But I still don't understand what the problem is of having CRLF files on
> > Windows. Can someone explain why having CRLF on Windows is bad?
>
> Pls read my answers.
>
> 1. Try to use GNU tools.
> 2. Try not to forget about converting CRLFs when moving your files to unix,
> sending patches, creating tarballs, ....

Assuming KDE/Win will become more popular in the future and attrack more
developers, and possibly even ISVs, isn't it more constructive to support
CR/LF so people don't all have to be careful?

Currently it's just a handful of people working on KDE/Win and policies like
'use LF only' are still manageable, but if the project grows in size that
very well might not be the case anymore.

So, although more work, how feasible is it to keep CR/LF and instead fix all
scripts? How large is the impact of such a change, i.e. how many files and
scripts are affected?

--
Martijn