KUnitTest CVS

Duncan Mac-Vicar P. duncan at kde.org
Tue May 3 22:58:38 BST 2005

There are some issues with QT_NOASCII_CAST (used in Kopete)

static const QString s_kunittest_suite = "Suite"

and then when calling a function, you mix const char * and QStrings...

test->setName(s_kunittest_suite + "::" + "KopeteLinkTest")

This will not compile with QT_NOASCII_CAST, You will get errors like:
error: cannot convert `const QString' to `const char*' for argument `1' to
`void kunittest_registerModuleTester(const char*, KUnitTest::Tester*)'
- you should explicitly do the conversion.
test->setName(s_kunittest_suite + "::" + QString::fromLatin1
("KopeteLinkTest")) in this case. I would fix it myself but CVS is readonly
today and your code is still not in cvs/svn.

We had similar problems with Ian's widget compiler, which are fixed.
Everyone generating code from macros and compilers please take QT_NOASCII_CAST
in count ;-)

Cheers
Duncan