How a non-KDE application access Kwallet

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 12:00:39 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 12:17, Suryanarayanan Rajaram wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way to write a simple application
> which doesnt need KApplication or QObject related things ( non-KDE ) and
> still can access kwallets.
> It would be helpful if anybody could provide me the details for this and
> any related links.

You can use the DCOP command line tool if you want:

martijn at qwerty:~> dcop kded kwalletd networkWallet
kdewallet
martijn at qwerty:~> dcop kded kwalletd open kdewallet 0
1702756277
martijn at qwerty:~> dcop kded kwalletd folderList 1702756277
Form Data
Kopete
Passwords
martijn at qwerty:~> dcop kded kwalletd entryList 1702756277 Kopete
Account_JabberProtocol_xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxxx

Or 'dcop kded kwalletd' for a list of all other methods, they are AFAIK
identical as the ones in the KDE API, so you can refer to the API docs.

Hope this helps,

--
Martijn