about a screensaver for kde that i've written

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Mar 15 17:04:43 GMT 2005

On March 15, 2005 10:21 am, Mathias Homann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. März 2005 14:12 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> [...]
>
> > Mathias: additionally, to come back to the screensaver, could it be
> > extended and used with kvtml files and display say an english word and
> > its translation to german?
>
> it would be possible but it would be totally outside the scope of this
> screensaver... this one is only about subliminal learning of the simplest
> parts: kana characters... a screensaver using kvtml files should rather be
> a part / subpackage of kflashcard.
>
> bye,
> 	MH
FlashKard is not there anymore. Been replaced by KWordQuiz which offers more
capabilities. kvtml is not only for KWordQuiz, KVocTrain uses it and so does
KHangMan. There are numerous files contributed in that format taht's why I
mentionned it.

We try to unify things in kdeedu so even if we have Kiten which is a Japanese
only tool, we move toward more global things. That means that if your
screensaver is only Japanese, well, considering that few pupils will look at
a screensaver, we (kdeedu people on IRC today) see little educational value
in it.
If we are to open a kdeedu/screensavers subdir, we'll have to accept a
screensaver that shows atoms, one that shows planets, and so on...

Anne-Marie

PS: Any follow up on my previous font question?