about a screensaver for kde that i've written

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Tue Mar 15 17:47:54 GMT 2005

* Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [Mar 15. 2005 14:14]:
> Hi,
>
> The font question has to be thought and cleared. It's an issue we also came
> with recently in a new edu program developed in the playground-edu module.
> We could not reach the people linked to the font to ask them about the GPL.
>
> Can a font be modified? Is public domain enough for it to be free for a font?
> If not, where to find new (fancy) free fonts?
> Is it OK to install a (if free) font via the Makefile.am during make install?

The Vera Sans font is free, with only the restriction that you have to
name your "new" font made form it another name. If you scour the
internet you'll find some interesting versions although the biggest
problem with most of them is the lack of characters outside of the ASCII
set.

We merged all the different versions that we could find (at suse) and
named it SuSE Sans, etc. One interesting version of the Vera font which
has been adjusted for screen use is the Toga font.

Bye,
Ken

--
SUSE LINUX - a Novell business