(gcc 2.95 support) kdeextragear-1/amarok/src

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Mar 10 19:50:37 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 14:27, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> Oh, if you're moaning about having to support gcc 2.95, be glad that KDE
> doesn't officially support any of the other C++ compilers out there, which
> are even more picky.

I don't see a problem with supporting gcc 2.95 - as long as there is somebody
caring about it. Its the same with newer / non-gcc compilers - somebody
capable has to be there that does the testing and the fixing. There's nothing
further to discuss. If there is nobody left, then it will be broken at some
point.

As you know I'm usually keeping KDE compiling with bleeding edge gcc and I
know how tiresome and boring this work is - given that the very same
incompatibilities are introduced over and over again in the code. But its
really not that much work, since its easy to spot the usual compiler oddities
and fix them.

--
Dirk//\