Qt XEMBED [was: Re: thoughts on the systray]

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Mon Mar 7 02:32:34 GMT 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 20:51, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 18:06, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > As an aside, I think most of your XEMBED problems were probably due to a
> > bad implementation of it; I don't think the Qt XEMBED widget was ever
> > really finished? I could be wrong. But anyhow, that spec works fine for
> > GNOME applets and such.
>
> The old one in the kdelibraries wasn't finished, but there's a completed
> one on
>
> http://www.trolltech.com/products/solutions/catalog/Widgets/qtxembed/
Will these changes be merged back into the KDE version, or is there an option
to have a strait GPL version in KDE libs, with Trolltech still able to
provide the commercial version to their customers?

Not to troll, but I have been fighting with KDE's Xembed with qemu for a
while, and was wondering if there would be improvements coming.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri at yahoo.com>-----
I've been raising up my hands, drive another nail in.