Wikipedia and KDEEDU

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jun 30 18:24:15 BST 2005

Carsten Niehaus said the following, On 2005-06-30 10:21:

>>Just a few stupid questions.
>>
>>Is the xml format xhtml or something else?
>

> I was thinking of xml where we (together with the wikipedia-folks) define
> everything. Before implementing anything we even need to decide if the
> conversion from wikitext (all Wikipedia-contents are stored in that format)
> to the other formats will be done serverside or clientside (inside kdelibs, I
> guess).

I am not sure it was mentioned, but regarding wiki<->xml conversion, see:

http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?UserDocs_Issues

and, in particular the DocBookWiki:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/doc-book/

Let's hope that having DocBook (or a subset of DocBook) can be useful for
interoperability with KDE Doc system....

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team