Error compiling kdeartwork SVN TRUNK: You cannot use Qt 4.ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!

Chris Howells howells at kde.org
Fri Jun 17 15:45:23 BST 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 14:22, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> First of all, how old is your unsermake? My original version detection
> code was rather pedantic and insisted on a version being available. Some 6
> weeks or so ago Coolo changed that to default to assuming Qt Designer 3.0
> or something when the version is unknown, and thus there should always be
> a fallback.

My unsermake is the latest svn trunk. So I don't think coolo's thing worked...

> Is that identical to 'make -f Makefile.cvs'? AFAIK you should not use
> unsermake for this step, but only for actual compiles and links. At least
> that's how I've always been doing it and unlike the compile and link steps
> there is no warning that I should call unsermake directly for make -f
> Makefile.cvs.

kdenonbeta/unsermake/README says:

"At this point building KDE modules as usual, starting with
"unsermake -f Makefile.cvs" should work.  You should see the text:"

So unless the README is wrong that is the recommended thing to do.

> That's because the version is unknown. Unknown in the 'old' code means
> "fix the UI file" (or in this case, fix the detection, the .ui says Qt
> 3.3, so the regexp is wrong somewhere, can't test from work). As a
> workaround you could change the Makefile.am to explicitly change the file
> in the virtual file firesaversetup.ui3 (without renaming the real file!),
> but besides getting the thing to build for now that's not the real
> solution.

Thanks, I will try that work around.  I did have a look to try and understand
where the bug was coming from in unsermake but I find python to be completely
unparseable and the more I look into it the more I hate it :)

Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris at chrishowells.co.uk, howells at kde.org
Web: http://www.chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org