Error compiling kdeartwork SVN TRUNK: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 17 13:54:09 BST 2005

Chris Howells wrote:
>> following error:
>> > ERROR:kscreensaver/kdesavers/Makefile.am: Unknown UIC version for /
>> > home/steve/CVS/KDE-SVN/kdeartwork/kscreensaver/kdesavers/
>> > firesaversetup.ui. Rerun make -f Makefile.cvs. ERROR:kscreensaver/
>> > kdesavers/Makefile.am: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!
>> > Please use a Qt 4-based build system.

>This is a bug in unsermake somewhere relating to Makefile.in generation.
> For some reason that file doesn't get added to QT3_UIFILES in
> Makefile.in and then the resulting Makefile is wrong also.
>
>I have been unable to work out why, e.g. what makes that file different
> to any others. fixuifiles reports no problem and resaving the file in
> designer doesn't fix it.

find -name Makefile.in | xargs rm
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure

This solved the problem for me when it showed up. I don't understand why,
but if you don't erase the Makefile.in, the problem won't go away.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.