Error compiling kdeartwork SVN TRUNK: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!

Chris Howells howells at kde.org
Fri Jun 17 12:58:16 BST 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 12:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> Hello, Everyone :)
> When compiling a fresh download of kdeartwork from SVN TRUNK, I got the
>
> following error:
> > ERROR:kscreensaver/kdesavers/Makefile.am: Unknown UIC version for /
> > home/steve/CVS/KDE-SVN/kdeartwork/kscreensaver/kdesavers/
> > firesaversetup.ui. Rerun make -f Makefile.cvs. ERROR:kscreensaver/
> > kdesavers/Makefile.am: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!
> > Please use a Qt 4-based build system.
>
> I followed the instructions quoted above, and did the following:
> 1. Re-ran unsermake -f Makefile.cvs
> 2. Then attempted to re-run ./configure & unsermake

This is a bug in unsermake somewhere relating to Makefile.in generation. For
some reason that file doesn't get added to QT3_UIFILES in Makefile.in and
then the resulting Makefile is wrong also.

I have been unable to work out why, e.g. what makes that file different to any
others. fixuifiles reports no problem and resaving the file in designer
doesn't fix it.

Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris at chrishowells.co.uk, howells at kde.org
Web: http://www.chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org