Announce: new GHNS project

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 22:37:14 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005 23:07 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
> Are you sure? ;-)
> What features do you mean?

My knowledge on that dates back to the "KNS and beyond" thread. If anything
has changes, I'd be keen on knowing it.
The features in particular are:
- registered people can add translations to summary anytime
- depending on the type of data, preview/payload translations should be
possible too (*)
- admins should be able to block/release submissions, and verify signatures
- admins (app authors?) should be able to create new data type categories, and
assign an icon unless a system icon is used
- since versioning is supported, a history view would be nice to have too (but
this should better be in the public view if one is available)
More to come, if features like variants/derivates or related work are going to
be used, which will be discussed as one of the first issues now.

(*) this is a tricky one. I already detected a bilingual "KDE improvements"
script which runs as RMB action from konqueror, if anybody could "translate"
this then a rm -rf is introduced quickly. Thinking about it, a nice feature
would be to allow such modifications in a hidden area which are accessible
only to the maintainer as recommendation.

Josef