SuperKaramba's location for 3.5

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 17:26:59 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 18:47, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 28 July 2005 09:55, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > Probably. If KDE is destined to go all snakey in the future anyway,
> > please make sure it makes use of it in some less frivolous way as, say,
> > kdeedu does right now.
>
> it's worse than "going all snakey" i'm afraid. i am convinced that KDE's
> adherence to C++ for all 3rd party development is limiting and not very
> healthy for the project. we need a well supported set of bindings in a
> higher level language. i'm a huge fan of Ruby for this, but that may not be
> the best choice. expect more discussion of this at aKademy.
Spot on Aaron! I'm looking forward to as much discussion as possible at
aKademy about how we can encourage entry level developers who would never be
able to understand C++. Whether they like python, ruby or basic best I don't
know.  C++ is a great language for highly expert people to write libraries
like the Qt and KDE ones, but terrible for 'normal programmers' who want to
solve their problems as fast as possible in a RAD environment

-- Richard