SuperKaramba's location for 3.5

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 17:47:07 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 09:55, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Probably. If KDE is destined to go all snakey in the future anyway, please
> make sure it makes use of it in some less frivolous way as, say, kdeedu
> does right now.

it's worse than "going all snakey" i'm afraid. i am convinced that KDE's
adherence to C++ for all 3rd party development is limiting and not very
healthy for the project. we need a well supported set of bindings in a higher
level language. i'm a huge fan of Ruby for this, but that may not be the best
choice. expect more discussion of this at aKademy.

in plasma, we will have applet bindings available for: ECMA script (via
kjsembed), Ruby, Python and Java. i can say this with some degree of
confidence since i already have individuals who have stepped up and committed
to doing each of these sets of bindings. the only one that will likely be an
absolute requirement is kjsembed, however. the rest will be run-time
loadable.

i understand that this will possibly make life a bit different for packagers,
but i also firmly believe it will make life much better for developers and
thereby the users.

> Then I might forego creating the aseigo-hatepage. :]

well, i think you're a bit late for being the founder of said page, but you
could always join the yahoo! group! dedicated to discussing it ;P

--
Aaron J. Seigo