[Kde-cvs-announce] KDE 3.5 branched / KDE 4 development in trunk/KDE

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Jul 27 00:13:20 BST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 23:18, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 21:40, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > KDE 3.5 is no longer developed in /trunk, but in /branches/KDE/3.5,
> > KDE 4 development will start soon in /trunk (and move out of
> > work/kde4).
>
> Is it just me or does branching before we even have a 3.5 release
> schedule seem a bit odd?

KDE PIM is intending to have a feature freeze at the beginning of august
and start the Qt4/KDE4 port at aKademy. We would like to release KDE
PIM 3.5 together with the rest of KDE 3.5 if possible.

Would a 3.5 schedule based on a feature freeze at the beginning of
august also fit for other modules?

Which modules will see a 3.5 release at all? Does anybody have a
concrete idea about that?