[Kde-cvs-announce] KDE 3.5 branched / KDE 4 development in trunk/KDE

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Wed Jul 27 00:30:25 BST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:13, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 23:18, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 July 2005 21:40, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > KDE 3.5 is no longer developed in /trunk, but in /branches/KDE/3.5,
> > > KDE 4 development will start soon in /trunk (and move out of
> > > work/kde4).
> >
> > Is it just me or does branching before we even have a 3.5 release
> > schedule seem a bit odd?
>
> KDE PIM is intending to have a feature freeze at the beginning of august
> and start the Qt4/KDE4 port at aKademy. We would like to release KDE
> PIM 3.5 together with the rest of KDE 3.5 if possible.
>
> Would a 3.5 schedule based on a feature freeze at the beginning of
> august also fit for other modules?

That would be bad for KBabel. I cannot finish the SVN support until then.
(Unfortunatley KBabel needs a SVN support, as it will be the version used for
translating KDe4. And I do not assume that there will be volunteers to make
the job at my place.)

> Which modules will see a 3.5 release at all? Does anybody have a
> concrete idea about that?

Every module should be part of KDE 3.5. This is a normal KDE release, or at
least it was always announced so.

Have a nice day!