Display of system users: Selecting the face

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Sun Jul 10 19:42:35 BST 2005

Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2005 14:38, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Okay, generally I see no real objections against my proposal so I will
> prepare and send in a patch tomorrow :)

Delayed until next weekend. Thinking once again about it I came to the
conclusion that the best solution would be to introduce some kind of admin
addressbook that wraps glibc, *dms face system, nss ldap etc. using backends
for the different setups.

Such an approach would also apiwise prepare the support for remote admin
addressbooks, to look up remote users if doable (access to LDAP, shell,
fingerd, ...) e.g. when browsing remote shares of another system.

See also:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=112100617518250
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=User+Concept

Hey, am I really the only one interested in that? Can't believe it :)

Comments, please!

Regards
Friedrich