Fwd: Re: persistent slow loading in Konqueror

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Jan 25 14:19:07 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:12 am, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I WILL NOT turn IPv6 off by default, nor make it dependent on compile-time
> flags. It's high time every app used IPv6 already. We have accomplished
> that in KDE over 4 years ago with KDE 2.2. We cannot go back.

I am just interested in getting rid of this "Set this unknown environment
variable and it speeds up the whole desktop for most people" behaviour.

In reality, hardly anyone uses IPv6 currently. And there are many flawed DNS
servers out there (apparantly, my Linksys router is one, as is the one at my
office).

Why can't we have a checkbox in KControl "Enable IPv6 lookups" that defaults
to unchecked?

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.