sqlite in kdelibs

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Jan 22 23:09:53 GMT 2005

> I second this.  Why don't we wait until Qt4 is released for chrissakes before lamenting the
> inadequacy of SQL support.

You probably missed the point that we already have working framework that
exceeds what is Qt4/SQL for, so there's no lament but regular development, _at
least_ parallel to Qt3->Qt4 timeframe.

Qt/SQL is a tool for (end-user) db applications development, while tools I
mentioned, KexiDB, is a tool for (end-user) db applications development AS
WELL AS for creating of db development environment (which is in our case
called Kexi).

The comparison is like e.g. between ready to use C preprocessor and
parser/lexer-development tool like Bison/Flex, which can be used to make it
easier to develop C preprocessor.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team