sqlite in kdelibs

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Sat Jan 22 22:26:45 GMT 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 17:09, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> KexiDBWidgets framework), I am almost sure that QtSQL can be wrapped as a
> KexiDB plugin (hint: Kexi has been seriously developed/designed since early
> 2003) and will still require less code and cleaner to provide the same
> effect.
There is no logical reason to invent QtSQL over again.  KDE 4 will rely on Qt
4.  Qt 4 has QtSQL in it, with many new powerful features.  Kexi will be
redundant as a framework, but maybe not as an app.   I am sure you think kexi
is cool, heck i think most of the things i write are cool too.  But the fact
remains QtSQL can do it, so why bother adding another layer of complexity.
Reinventing the wheel over and over again is fun, its a neat academic
exercise, but i think this is getting silly.  There is not rational reason
SQLite or Kexi deps in KDE libs.  Qt offers the encapsulation we need, and
Qt4 will even prove more features.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser
--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri at yahoo.com>-----
 The bats have left the bell tower,  the victims have been bled, red velvet