Fix for printouts without margins

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Jan 18 20:58:39 GMT 2005

On Tuesday, 18 January 2005 21:36, David Faure wrote:
> As Kurt Pfeifle made me realize, the margins from the PPD are only meant to
> be used to warn when setting too small margins (in applications like
> koffice), i.e. "this is outside the printable area" (like MSWindows does;
> we don't have this kind of check in KOffice yet). They are really the
> strict-minimum margins, which doesn't mean they make reasonable defaults.
> Can we keep Qt's defaults (half-inch/third-inch if I read correctly) when
> using setFullPage(false)? More aggressive (but more consistent) patch
> attached.

I think it would be a good idea to check which one of them is larger.
If, for example, the printer's bottom margin is more than third an inch the
method you describe would lead to faults as well.

Nevertheless, not being really a developer, I have not looked at the code, so
excuse me if that has been taken care of already.

Regards,
  Jakob Petsovits