System tray "close" dialog needs work

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Jan 11 20:29:48 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 3:56 pm, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> Yes, it's doable.
> But do you means it would copy the image with the kicker background,
> etc... or *just* the pixmap?

I imagine the whole thing, since that is what you display in the screenshot.

> The only thing kicker can do better is to determine if the systray is
> visible (with kapp->widgetAt(g), I think it's possible).

This is my point. If you add a method to the system tray applet to paint
itself onto a QPixmap, then it shouldn't even matter if the kicker is
visible, so you won't have to check.

Correct me if I am wrong, but an invisible QWidget can paint itself onto a
pixmap just as well as a visible one can, right? I know I can DCOP a hidden
window to print things, and that is just another type of painting.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.