turning off konq extensions by default

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Jan 11 17:10:18 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 17:50, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> Propose a "WEB archive" MIME type in the File->SaveAs... dialog.
> It's where users expect to find it: they _save_ the page, not only the
> page, but all the elements _as_ a web archive.
> Why find this in Tools, then!

That's indeed what Joe User expects (example: my dad - he was convinced Konqui
wasn't able to save the "whole" page).

> And as we are at it, I recently found a reader for the MS web archive
> format. It would be cool to present a "MS only WEB archive" type.

Would you be willing to provide a link?  IMO it would be a great feature to be
able to *save* MS-compatible web pages, too.  Or have another cross-browser
format supported by Mozilla at least.  People tend to save stuff for others
and want to be able to share web archives.

> And, as we also are at it, why WEB archive can archive a WEB page with
> all images/CSS... while offline, and File->SaveAs... only success to
> save the nude HTML page... only when online?

I thought the latter should work offline too, now?  (Might depent on the
caching-related HTTP headers?)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS