turning off konq extensions by default

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Sun Jan 9 16:50:19 GMT 2005

Le dim 09/01/2005 à 04:15, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> a lot of the tools there are very useful and very cool. someone mentioned web
> archiving, for instance, which falls into this category. but they all extend
> Konqueror's functionality, and so are good candidates for being off by
> default, if easily turned on. by contrast the items i listed for inclusion
> make konqueror more usable in one of its primary, basic purposes: browsing
> the web.

Hum...
Web archiving should not be on by default, nor it sould be off by
default :)
It simply shouldn't be an extension, nor in menus.

How to do, then?
Propose a "WEB archive" MIME type in the File->SaveAs... dialog.
It's where users expect to find it: they _save_ the page, not only the
page, but all the elements _as_ a web archive.
Why find this in Tools, then!

And as we are at it, I recently found a reader for the MS web archive
format. It would be cool to present a "MS only WEB archive" type.

And, as we also are at it, why WEB archive can archive a WEB page with
all images/CSS... while offline, and File->SaveAs... only success to
save the nude HTML page... only when online?

--
Séb.