turning off konq extensions by default

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Tue Jan 11 18:19:52 GMT 2005

Le mar 11/01/2005 à 18:10, Hans Meine a écrit :
> That's indeed what Joe User expects (example: my dad - he was convinced Konqui
> wasn't able to save the "whole" page).

Even me wasn't knowing that some months ago.
I just glaned the "tip" on a forum while randomly surfing...

> Would you be willing to provide a link?  IMO it would be a great feature to be
> able to *save* MS-compatible web pages, too.  Or have another cross-browser
> format supported by Mozilla at least.  People tend to save stuff for others
> and want to be able to share web archives.

Hum... It was on kde-apps.org... Let me find it...
I don't find it.
It was a kio_slave, but I'm afraid it was only to read them.

Ho, I got it.
In fact it's just an mht->war convertor.
But this work can be used as a base to create a mht
saver/reader/kio-slave, I think...
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=14315
http://users.otenet.gr/~geosp/kmhtconvert/

> I thought the latter should work offline too, now?  (Might depent on the
> caching-related HTTP headers?)

Caching never well worked for me.
But last time I was wanting to save a page or an image (displayed in
Konqueror) I was asked to re-connect me :-/
Or perhapse the KGet integration is not so well designed (when saving an
image it start KGet to download it, and it doesn't find it if I'm not
connected, whereas it is displayed in Konqueror).