[RFC] Security and Features in KPDF

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Jan 3 01:49:37 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:08:51AM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 00:19, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Ingo,

> Yeah, right. Since when do users read dialogs? I can assure you that
> enough people are already trained to click on each [OK] button they see
> without even think about reading the text of the dialog.
Sorry, but I feel not responsible for the stupidity of some users. I do
my best by warning them, if the ignore it, it's their fault.

> Unfortunately, Stephan's suggestion is also not a very good solution
> because you can be sure that several distributions will make "kpdf
> --script %u" the default for PDF "because it's so convenient".
... then blame the distributor but not the developer!

> That's nonsense. Clicking on an unknown email attachment in KMail does
> never result in 'rm -Rf /' or similarly dangerous commands being
> executed.
With this statement I wanted to say that always the user has the last
word, and when he makes stupid things (also when he was warned), he has
to take the consequences.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!