[RFC] Security and Features in KPDF

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Jan 3 01:58:21 GMT 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:08 am, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Unfortunately, Stephan's suggestion is also not a very good solution
> because you can be sure that several distributions will make "kpdf
> --script %u" the default for PDF "because it's so convenient".
As the other side of this, how about only allowing a whitelist of "safe"
options. We could pre-populate it with things that are unlikely to get us
into trouble (eg koffice documents, maybe), and allow the user to add others.
Just use the same sort of settings / wording as KMail has - "you may
compromise your privacy, etc".

Brad