Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 21:14:58 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 23:05, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andras Mantia wrote:
> >On Saturday 19 February 2005 22:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >> Any thoughts?
> >
> >The second proposal makes sense and starting to become clearer. ;-)
> > Just that kdevelop should be under KDE IMHO.
>
> Hmm... not quite. KOffice and KDevelop have their own release cycles
> and version numbers. Even if they choose to release at the same time
> KDE is released. This is what happens now with aRts: KDE 3.2 had aRts
> 1.2.
>
> Or am I mistaken?

As I said in the other mail, KDevelop currently uses the same release
schedule as the rest of KDE and at least part of it should keep it in
the future as well.

> >Also you broke the extragear*, which may make sense, but the idea
> > there was to not have a mega module like kdenonbeta, wasn't it so?
>
> I wouldn't call that a module since /trunk/extragear by itself isn't
> compilable. That is, no Makefile.cvs (or Makefile.svn) in it.

In this case it's ok I think. I don't know how many people compile the
current kdeextragear-* together, but at least I compile only what I
want. ;-) Will be easier for the maintainers of the extragear apps as
well.

Andras