Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Feb 20 10:53:40 GMT 2005

Am Samstag 19 Februar 2005 22:05 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> The important thing here is that each tarball-to-be-released has a
> directory of its own -- regardless where it actually is -- and is
> compilable. That is, kdelibs is released as kdelibs-4.0.0.tar.gz,
> so /trunk/KDE/kdelibs is compilable; amarok-1.3.0.tar.gz is released,
> then /trunk/extragears/amarok is compilable, as is /branches/amarok/1.3.0
> and so forth.
I don't get why you want to move away from the logical groups to be
"more svn friendly". It might be more friendly to subversion, but it surely
is less friendly to _me_ - I would have to checkout tons more paths to do
a KDE+extragear compilation. And even though the next build system
might not require admin/ I doubt k3b and amarok will use it too soon - as
it will be KDE4 material.

Greetings, Stephan