Standard gettext PO format

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Fri Dec 30 12:12:57 GMT 2005

> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> May be the Gettext formula of kdelibs.po could be used. That would not
> need another message but would not allow a free choice like Gettext
> offers either.

You mean if we use Gettext, or if we stick to current code with small
modifications? In first case, I don't know whether it can be done without
serious tinkering with Gettext internals. In second case, we'd need custom
plural expression parser.

Either way, I'm not too happy. Correct plural header is needed in every
file any way, for different PO tools to do their job. For PO files in KDE
repository, check_po_files could keep watch of correct headers.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)