Standard gettext PO format

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Dec 29 15:14:28 GMT 2005

> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> As for different languages, for what I understand $LANGUAGE behaves like
> this, at least according to the man page gettext(3). Perhaps it should
> be seen if in reality, it really behaves like that.

It does, I've just checked, my oversight. But it also requires that all
languages of the requested catalog are in the same directory, as
bindtextdomain takes only catalog name and directory name. KDE is just
locating xx/LC_MESSAGES/catalog.mo in resource dirs.

Hm, for a known catalog directory and catalog language, perhaps I could
call bindtextdomain and setenv("LANGUAGE", xx) prior to gettext call.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)