KDE4's IPC

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Fri Dec 23 19:39:52 GMT 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 16:30, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> So, what should we do?

How about we start with: not having this discussion for the gazillionth
time? It's not like it matters anyway. We had X of them all of them
came out with "DBUS isn't perfect but it's the best we got and we need
to support it no matter what we do so we can go with it all the way".

Discussions like this one are too abstract for mailing lists, that's why
we were talking about it on aKademy. And to be honest having such
discussions without code is an utter waste of time. Lets say we agree
to go with solution C and then what? Someone needs to implement it,
right? So what happens if someone goes and implements solution B really
well and no one implements solution C.

So yeah, there's absolutely nothing to discuss. We have Qt4 DBUS
bindings if you have a better idea - go and implement it and then we
can discuss merits of picking that over DBUS.

Question of DBUS vs non-existant-solutions is always in favor of DBUS no
matter how amazing are all the non-existant-features of the
non-existand solution.

Zack

--
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.