gcc flags for developers

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 12:08:08 GMT 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 12:10, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> - Also, full is a VERY bad option, as it disables important WARNINGS.

Yes, so let's fix the configuration flags first, and then we can fix kdesvn-build accordingly.

To update my proposal:
--enable-debug              would now set -O2 -g -fno-reorder-blocks -fno-schedule-insns -fno-inline
--enable-debug=full      would still set -O0 -g3 for the worse case of a hard-to-debug problem (e.g. macros etc.),

In addition we could have
--enable-debug=noopt for -O1 -g
for faster compilation if anyone wants it, but nowadays with icecream I
wait for ld/libtool much more than I wait for gcc so I guess -O2 is fine.