KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 13:46:12 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 13:14 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> What *would* help is an API freeze in kdelibs after which little or no BC
> changes are allowed until the KDE 4.0 release. Given all the library work
> that is needed we're still quite far from that though, and we don't want to
> release KDE 4 in 2007.

A little bit of a hen and egg problem, no? We can't freeze the kdelibs API
without having serious application development. That includes all of KDE4
development.

And really: I can't take those serious that claim they can't start KDE4
development unless kdelibs is frozen because it's a moving target. If the
2-3 weeks between kdelibs updates are too short for you, then well: branch
out of trunk, rely on kdelibs4_snapshot at 491000 and finish what you want to
do. And if you're done, merge back into trunk. It's no magic, but of course
you can't continue in the same way as you did during the long KDE3 API freeze.

Greetings, Stephan