KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 12:14:41 GMT 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 13:00, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Instead I think we could try and aim for a 3.9 release as an early stable
> "works with Qt 4" point, but without all features and rewrites and
> therefore not yet a real beta.

That makes little sense. The main reason for most people to keep developing
against KDE 3.x is the stable kdelibs API. A premature Qt 4 based release
won't make any difference -- kdelibs4 will still remain a moving target.

What *would* help is an API freeze in kdelibs after which little or no BC
changes are allowed until the KDE 4.0 release. Given all the library work
that is needed we're still quite far from that though, and we don't want to
release KDE 4 in 2007.

--
Martijn