KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Dec 5 12:00:01 GMT 2005

On Saturday 03 December 2005 18:23, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Saturday 03 December 2005 01:30, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > I suppose the answer comes down to: is anyone willing (and able) to be
> > the release coordinator for a 3.6 release.  (Stephan, I know you'd rather
> > everyone work on KDE 4, but its a long way off.)
>
> Just as we did a 3.5 release because KDE4 is too long away. Did it help
> making KDE4 quicker? Doubt it

I agree here. I supported KDE 3.5, but it has essentially failed because KDE 4
has not become any more usable in the time between.

Instead I think we could try and aim for a 3.9 release as an early stable
"works with Qt 4" point, but without all features and rewrites and therefore
not yet a real beta.

`Allan