Fwd: Re: kde-games package removal proposal

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Tue Aug 30 02:12:45 BST 2005

Hi
most of the discussion (unfortunately) took place on kde-core-devel only, so I
thought I forward this mail to here.
I think it pretty much names the important arguments and summarizes what I
myself see as the general consensus: remove ksmiletris from kdegames.

The other games that were mentioned in the discussion should remain in there
for now, as obviously they are working (though usually unmaintained - but
that doesn't matter for mature games, I believe) and have a userbase.
I in particular agree on the ksame vs. klickety thing here and think at least
for now we should keep both of them.

So if nobody comes up with a objection, I guess I will remove ksmiletris at
some point for KDE4.
(CC'ing kde-core-devel because of this announcement)

CU
Andi