Kanagram now in kdereview

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 00:44:13 BST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 10:00, Joshua Keel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just moved Kanagram, a replacement for KMessedWords into
> kdereview. Please check it out, let me know what you think, and help
> me fix bugs. :)
>
> We only have a few more days for new features, so please test as soon
> as possible.

My personal review:

It works fine, builds fine.  I like how it has an "I give up" feature. :)

It's not immediately apparent what the two buttons in the upper right do, a
tooltip of some sort would be nice (like the "About Kanagram" button).  Also,
the Quit button is obvious to me, but would it be obvious to the target
audience?  It may not matter as the handy dandy "X" button in the corner
still works.  I don't have children though, I may be overthinking that.

In the configuration, Vocabularies section:  I think the ListView would look
nicer if the second column extended to take up all remaining space.  It's the
ResizeMode property, LastColumn makes the last column take up all remaining
space.

There are sounds for practically everything except for a wrong guess.  Is this
on purpose?

Also, when the input line edit is empty, the Up Arrow thingy that enters the
guess should be disabled.

BTW, I agree that this is a compelling replacement for KMessedWords.  But I
think a two day sojourn in kdereview is asking a little much.  I would
suggest breaking feature freeze for kdeedu (but not for Kanagram!) so that it
can still make KDE 3.5, but why bother even putting it in kdereview if it's
not going to be there at least a week?

Good job though, I think this should land for 3.5 (especially since it will be
the last 3.x release).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne