Kanagram now in kdereview

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Aug 24 13:19:58 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 20:01, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> extensively. Kanagram as I tested it has still a few bugs and lacks some
> finish regarding the fonts, i18n, KNewStuff, tooltips in GUI as some
> icons/commands don't seem so intuitive to me. Dunno what the timeframe is
> and if it is possible to fix all that in time.

Much to my surprise, it actually compiles and runs on at least one non-Linux
system with no changes. So it's passed _my_ checks in kdereview at least (and
I won't bother with apidox, not for j-random application).

> PS: <disclaimer, don't assassinate me>My personnal opinion about new progs
> is to have complete and detailed handbook, tooltips and QWhatsThis help in
> GUI and a look by usability people.

It's more than personal opinion, it's part of the guidelines
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/checklist.html -- not policy,
though. I vaguely recall that a policy for new stuff has been discussed
before (and rejected on the one hand as 'too scary for contributors').

> Also this kind of program is not a standard KDE program so if it was all up
> to me, i'd like it to be tried by more core people and to hear their
> opinions.

Well, you _are_ the module coordinator so it's up to you to relax, say, the
'adheres to the HIG' requirement so that applications chock-full of custom
graphics and weirdo buttons are acceptable.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot