Kanagram now in kdereview

Danny Allen dannya40uk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 14:38:42 BST 2005

The idea of the kdereview module, as stated by thiago, is for translators to
start working, documentation to be written, UI checked and the build is fixed
for everyone.

With regard to Kanagram, the documentation is 95% finished, the UI stable and
sane (along with the whole app being feature frozen), and I have not heard
any reports of Kanagram not building.
Also, translators traditionally do the bulk of their work after the feature
(and usually string freeze) so that their work is not obsoleted by new
commits.

These facts mean that a short stay in kde-review for Kanagram is more than
sufficient. Kanagram has been on the KDE 3.5 feature list for a long period
of time now, with the aim of inclusion in 3.5.

The need of Kanagram to replace KMessedWords is great, with Kanagram being a
highly enhanced application for the genre.

Not including Kanagram in kde-edu for the 3.5 release would be a great
dis-service to our userbase, due to the myriad problems and unmaintainability
of KMessedWords.

Therefore I must stress the case for swift inclusion in kde-edu, where the few
remaining bugs can easily be fixed in time for the 3.5 release.

Danny