Kanagram now in kdereview

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 18:11:46 BST 2005

Danny Allen wrote:
>With regard to Kanagram, the documentation is 95% finished, the UI
> stable and sane (along with the whole app being feature frozen), and I
> have not heard any reports of Kanagram not building.
>Also, translators traditionally do the bulk of their work after the
> feature (and usually string freeze) so that their work is not obsoleted
> by new commits.
>
>These facts mean that a short stay in kde-review for Kanagram is more
> than sufficient. Kanagram has been on the KDE 3.5 feature list for a
> long period of time now, with the aim of inclusion in 3.5.
>
>The need of Kanagram to replace KMessedWords is great, with Kanagram
> being a highly enhanced application for the genre.
>
>Not including Kanagram in kde-edu for the 3.5 release would be a great
>dis-service to our userbase, due to the myriad problems and
> unmaintainability of KMessedWords.
>
>Therefore I must stress the case for swift inclusion in kde-edu, where
> the few remaining bugs can easily be fixed in time for the 3.5 release.

I was going to ask for a strong reason why we should allow an app to move
out of kdereview only a few days after it entered the module. You've
already given me quite a few. So, I don't have much against doing it.

But please understand that if the documentation is 95% finished now, why
wasn't it in kdereview 3 weeks ago?

The feature list was closed on Aug 3rd and the app is is listed there. So,
you knew of what was required.

Now, KDEEdu has a coordinator, so I think the decision is actually up to
her.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.