Kanagram now in kdereview

Joshua Keel joshuakeel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:21:55 BST 2005

On 8/23/05, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >> Do you plan to replace the KMessedWords application that is in kdeedu?
> >> Or just replace it as in "provide a better one"?
> >
> >What's the difference?
>
> I should have phrased better: does he want to release inside kdeedu or in
> extragear?

I intend for Kanagram to completely replace KMessedWords in the kdeedu
module. We don't need two apps performing the same functionality.

> >NEW IN KDE: Kanagram - A word game to replace KMessedWords. Joshua Keel
> ><joshuakeel at gmail.com>
> >
> >> Besides, the time an app stays in kdereview should be a few weeks at
> >> least, in order for it to get the necessary fixing, checking,
> >> translating, documenting, etc. If so, then you won't make the feature
> >> freeze deadline, which is in 3 days.
> >
> >I have to agree here, 3 days seems too few, but as Kanagram is already
> > feature frozen (that is what is the deadline in 3 days), and Kanagram
> > is a nice improvement over kmessedwords, the existing bugs could be
> > fixed already in kdeedu as we have until at aprox October to fix. That
> > is the 2/3 weeks you ask for.

Kanagram is feature complete, as Albert says, and the documentation is
almost complete. Kanagram is pretty stable right now, and the 2-3
weeks remaining for bug fixing will be quite ample to make it rock
solid.

Josh